If you are missing specific transactions, here are a few tips that may help:
- Refresh the account by clicking the refresh icon next to the account.
- Is the missing transaction pending or cleared? Pending transactions may be visible on the bank's website, but they will not appear in Mint until they have cleared or posted.
- Is the transaction old or new? When you add an account in Mint, transactions more than 90 days old will not be imported to Mint.
- If you need to add old transactions or you are only missing a couple of transactions, you can also choose to add them manually. For more information about adding manual transactions, click here.
- Do any of the missing transactions share all the same details (same merchant, amount and date), and only one is being posted in Mint? If that's the case, we do only post one transaction (to avoid duplicate transactions), and in this case you can simply add the missing transactions manually.
Still missing transactions? Please contact us via email or chat and let us know as much info as possible so we can get it straightened out for you as quickly as possible. Include the following details:
- Is this only happening with a specific type of transaction (like all checking account transaction), with specific merchants, with specific amounts or specific categories?
- What bank and account type are you having the issue with?
- Is there are specific date range for the missing transactions?
Please do not delete the affected bank account as all historical transaction data will be permanently lost and we will not be able to investigate further nor retrieve any data beyond 90 days.