To add a new sub-category for your transactions, follow the steps below:
- Click on the Transactions Tab in the top menu bar.
- Find the transaction you want to edit and click on the arrow button to choose a category.
- Once you select a main category, select Add/Edit Categories.
- Enter the category you want to add in the blank field under "Your Categories".
- Click Save.
- Click I'm Done to exit out of the screen.
The next time you want to use the new sub-category, it will show under the main category as one of the options.
Mint Tip: Want to always rename or re-categorize this transaction the same way? Just create a rule! Click on Edit Details for the transaction you just edited and click the checkbox for Rules (which appears after you edit transactions).