Mint only allows you to add your Financial Institution using the same credentials one time. If you have attempted to add your bank a second time, you will receive the message that the account is already added each time you attempt to connect to the duplicate account. To remove connection notices for the duplicate account, you will need to delete the duplicate (non-working account) following these steps:
- Login to the Mint website
- Click on the Settings tab at the very top of the screen.
- Under “Your Accounts” make sure “All” is selected.
- Browse through the list of the Banks until you see the one you are having problems with. You should see two or more listings for this bank.
- Look at the accounts listed under the banks name as well as the account balance to determine which is the one without historical information.
- The Bank you want to delete will typically show in an error state, and have no accounts listed underneath.
- Click on the Gear next to the name, and choose Delete. (WARNING: Make sure you have identified the proper duplicate account as this action will delete all historical information for the account in question. )
- Confirm your action by typing DELETE, and then click Delete.