NOTE: You must install the Google Authenticator app on your mobile device prior to completing these steps.
The Google Authenticator App is activated for your Intuit ID using these steps:
- Visit https://accounts.intuit.com, and log in using the same login ID you use to login to Mint.
- Click on the Security Tab on the left side of the screen.
- Click the link labeled Turn On next to Two-step Verification".
- Choose either Text Message or Voice Call to receive a verification code, then click the Turn On button
- Enter your password, and click the Turn on text message verification button.
- You will now see the Turn on Authenticator app button. Click this button, and select the type of device you are using (iPhone, Android, etc.), and click Continue.
- Open the Authenticator app and tap the "+", then tap Scan barcode
- Scan the barcode shown on the screen, then enter the 6 digit security code presented in the App, then click Continue.
- Click Exit at the top right of the screen.
- Each time you login to Mint, you will now be required to enter a new Authenticator code.
- To receive the code, open the Authenticator app on your device, and enter the new security code.