What if there's an inaccuracy in my credit summary that I wish to dispute?

Since TransUnion controls the content of your credit report, you will have to contact TransUnion directly if you have a dispute. However, if you see an inquiry on your credit report from a company you don’t recognize, you should contact that company and inquire why the inquiry was made, since it could be from someone else making an application in your name.

If this happens, ask the company to send a letter directly to TransUnion requesting the inquiry be deleted. If you have information that the inquiry was made fraudulently, send the information to TransUnion. Note that this must be done in writing, since there isn’t a way to do this online.